Seven Kinds of Soy Sauce Index

Index for Seven Kinds of Soy Sauce blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Non-Asian Food: None of the Above

This is for those dishes which I throw together without much worry for where something hails from. I am much less knowledgeable about European cooking than about Asian cooking, so when I cook with western ingredients, I feel like I'm cooking from some generic western tradition as opposed to a specific regional tradition from a certain country. Hopefully this will change as I learn more about cooking.

Beef in vermouth
Beef stew porridge
Chicken pieces with lime
Egg noodles
Flounder poached in white wine sauce
Green beans and pine nuts
Grits Italiano
Indian spice-rubbed pork chops
Leftover turkey and fettuccini
Mushroom-cheese quesadilla
Pan-fried chicken strips
Pasta with porcini-red wine sauce
Plain rosemary chicken
Porcini chicken noodles
Porcini marsala fettuccini
Porcini sake fettuccini
Red wine turkey thigh
Rice-stuffed game hen
Saffron orzo
Sake-porcini fettuccini
Simple frittata
Sliced sirloin in red wine sauce
Turkey cutlet in red wine sauce